D-Link routers contain some of the most advanced features and are generally known to be very reliable. The D-Link routers are required by the user to setup and login initially by the user to further secure their network. To change the configurations of the D-Link router, the user has to initially login to the router after the physical setup. The login process is very easy and it only takes a couple of minutes of the user’s time. The user can simple login using http://dlinkrouter.local and gain access to the system configurations of the router. Once on the login page, the user can simple enter the default information of the router and access the Setup Wizard and the dashboard for the network settings.
The user must also take a few necessary steps such as change the username and password and update the firmware of the D-Link router. These precautionary steps will help the user better secure their network to prevent the network from any potential threats. The user can gain access to the configuration settings by logging in to the router. The user can login to the D-Link router using http://dlinkrouter.local as well as the default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1.
Here are the troubleshooting steps to setup and login to the D-Link DIR-816 Wireless AC750 Dual Band Router:
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect the modem to the WAN port of the router. Make sure that the connections are made properly.
- Now, using another Ethernet cable, connect the desktop computer/laptop to any of the four internet ports located at the back of the router.
- Reboot all the three devices. Wait for the devices to finish booting up.
- Now, open an internet browser and type http://dlinkrouter.local and press enter. The admin login page will appear.
- Enter the default information in the spaces provided to login to the D-Link router.
- After successfully logging in, the dashboard will appear containing all the configuration settings regarding the D-Link router.
- From here, the user can further configure their network as they desire.
Now, the D-Link router will have successfully setup and logged in to the router. The user can configure or personalize their router as they desire.
Here are the troubleshooting steps to change the username and password for the D-Link DIR-816 Wireless AC750 Dual Band Router:
- Open any internet browser and type http://dlinkrouter.local in the address bar.
- The admin login page will appear. There, the user will be asked to enter the default information regarding the router.
- The default username and password for most of the D-Link routers is “admin” for both the cases.
- Once the user has logged in to the router, click the System Settings option.
- There, the user will see the Network Name (SSID) and the Network Key (passphrase) option with respective fields underneath.
- In the fields provided, the user can enter the new desired username and password for their router.
- Click Save to implement the changes made.
Now, the username and password for the D-Link router will have changed. The user can reconnect their devices using the new username and password.
- Do not enter any sensitive information or any passphrase hints within the username as the username is still visible to nearby devices.
- Make sure that the strength of the passphrase is strong and difficult for people to guess.