D-Link routers are widely known to provide a great user experience. Their routers contain some of the best and advanced features for security and ease of access. With the help of the features such as the Guest Network, Parental Controls, Media Prioritization, Network Map and a lot more, the user can personalize their network that is most suitable to their needs. The user can also configure the basic settings for their router in order to further secure their network. But to gain access to the basic configurations and advanced features, the user will have to initially login to the router’s network. The login process is very easy and it only takes a couple of minutes of the user’s time. The user can simply login using http://dlinkrouter.local (dlinkrouter local) in the address bar to access the admin login page for the router.
Once the user has logged in to their network, the user can further configure the basic settings of their router such as change the username and password for the router to avoid any unauthorized users from accessing the user’s network without their permission. The user must also update the firmware of the router to make sure that the router keeps working in the optimum condition. The updated firmware also keeps the security in check so that the router and all the sensitive information passing through it is not vulnerable to any potential threats.
To configure the network initially, the user must login to the router using http://dlinkrouter.local or dlinkrouter local and access the admin login page to start configuring their network. By accessing the admin login page, the user can control, configure, monitor and even repair their network themselves.
Here at dlink-router-local.comor dlinkrouter local , we help the users by providing the detailed steps to perform the basic configurations without any issues.
Follow these steps to initially setup and login to the D-Link DIR 825 AC1200 Wi-Fi Gigabit Router:
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect the modem to the WAN port of the router.
- Now, connect another Ethernet cable from the computer to the internet port of the router.
- Reboot all the devices. Wait for them to turn back on.
- Open any internet browser and type http://dlinkrouter.local in the address bar. The router admin page appears.
- Enter the default information when prompted. The default username and password is “admin” for both the cases.
- Now, the user will be able to access the router’s admin configuration page.
- The D-Link router will have been setup and logged in now.
From here, the user can further configure the basic settings for their network using the on screen instructions.
Reset the D-Link DIR 825 AC1200 Wi-Fi Gigabit Router using the following steps:
- Locate the reset button on the router. It will be placed in a very small hole to prevent accidental pressing of the button.
- Press and hold the reset button using a paper clip for about ten seconds.
- Once the router’s power LED light becomes green/white and stable, the router will have been restored back to its factory default settings.
The router will be restored to the factory default settings now but all the personalized settings of the user will be lost. The settings cannot be recovered after the reset has been completed.
Change the username and password for D-Link DIR 825 AC1200 Wi-Fi Gigabit Router using the following steps:
- Open any internet browser and type http://dlinkrouter.local in the address bar.
- Enter the credentials whenever prompted.
- Go to the Wi-Fi settings option.
- There, the user will see the Network Name (SSID) and the Network Key (passphrase) option.
- In the respective fields provided, the user can enter the new desired information for their network.
- Save the changes made to implement the new settings.
Once the user has successfully changed the username and password for their router, the user can reconnect their devices using the new information for their router.
- Do not enter any password hint within the username as the username is visible to nearby devices.
- Do not share the password with everyone.
Update the firmware for D-Link DIR 825 AC1200 Wi-Fi Gigabit Router using the following steps:
- Open any internet browser on the device that is connected to the Netgear router via an Ethernet cable.
- Go to the D-Link Support Site and download the latest firmware of your router. Make sure that you type in the model number of the router correct. Download and save the file to the desired location.
- Now, open up another internet browser and type http://dlinkrouter.local in the address bar. Enter the default credentials regarding the D-Link router. The username and password are case sensitive.
- Select Administration under the ADVANCED tab.
- Chose the Firmware Update option.
- Click Choose File to locate the previously downloaded file.
- Click Open. Then click on Update option to begin the update.
Now, the firmware update will begin. The process usually takes a couple of minutes of the user’s time depending on the speed of the internet. Once the update has been completed successfully, the user can start using their D-Link router as they desire.
- Do not remove the router from the power source during the update as it can potentially damage the router.
- Do not download the firmware from any third party websites.