D-Link, a corporate name of designers and manufacturers that offer a wide range of Routers to meet your everyday requirements for home and small business enabling you to easily share photos, data files, multimedia files, printers, network storage devices and much more.
With Wireless AC, the newest generation of Wi-Fi technology, you can enjoy blazing speeds on your wireless network and without any interruption in video-streaming, quick loading of web pages and much more.
How to login on D-LINK Router?
The steps described below are same for all the D-LINK routers but we have taken an example of DIR-655 for convenience.
- From your computer or laptop launch the web browser and type in the default IP address of the router: 168.0.1
- Enter the default login information, username=admin, password=blank. Then click OK or Log In.
Tip: the password is case sensitive.
How can I enable USB sharing feature on my D-Link-882AC2600 EXO MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router?
- Launch your installed web browser and type in http://dlinkrouter.local or enter the default IP address of the router that is http://192.168.0.1
- Enter the correct default login information. Username=admin, password=blank. Remember that the password is case sensitive.
- Click OK or Log In
- Click on Settings and then USB Sharing.
- Enable Windows File Sharing (SAMBA), then click Save.
- D-Link does not support the compatibility of all USB storage equipment.
- In case you forgot your password, then you have to reset your router back to the default factory settings. But, this will remove the settings you had made and you will be required to reconfigure your router device.
RESETTING YOUR D-LINK ROUTER Through dlinkrouter.local
- With the help of a paper clip or a pin press and hold the Reset button for 10seconds, located generally on the back of your router. Release the Reset button after 10 seconds.
- The router will not reboot. Wait for about a minute. Now enter the default IP address of the router on your web browser 168.0.1and leave the password blank.
NOTE: In case you are connecting wirelessly, then you have to reconnect your device to the default wireless network, once the router reboots. The default Wi-Fi network or password may be printed on the label provided on the bottom of your router or on the included Wi-Fi Configuration Card (for the newer models).
Reconfiguring Your D-link Router
- For reconfiguring your router device, refer to the Quick Install Guide that comes with your router or you can download the PDF file.
- Click Close and then click Downloads
- I am facing slow webpage loading speeds on DIR-890L when I use it with some mobile devices. How can I fix it?
You may face this issue with some of the mobile devices when you connect them with the D-Link DIR-890L over wi-fi. This problem is faced by certain consumers. The solution is to disable IPv6 on your Wide Area Network (WAN) port. For this follow the instructions described below.
CAUTION: This will be possible if you are currently accessing the Internet using IPv4 addressing.
- on your computer open the web browser and type the default IP address of the router that is http://192.168.0.1 or type the friendly DNS name (FDNS) in the address bar that is “http://dlinkrouter.local”.
- on the login window enter the password (default password is blank). Use the password set at the initial installation to log in to a previously configured D-Link router.
- Under the settings option, click on Internet
- Select the IPv6
- Select pull-down menu from My internet connection for Local connectivity only.
- Click on Save to save your settings. Your router will reconfigure the internet settings and IPv6 will be removed from the WAN port of your router. When you make these changes the Internet will be disconnected momentarily until it completes the changes.
- When your router has completed the changes, you can verify it by testing your mobile device’s load speed of web pages and monitor the improvement.
How to reset DLink Router password?
The following guided steps help to reset your D-Link router’s WiFi password.
- Type your router’s default IP address 168.0.1 in the address bar of your Web browser.
- The login window will display, select “Admin” tab from the drop-down menu and then enter your admin password.
- You will get to the Web configuration window; click the “Setup” button from the top menu.
- Click on the “Wireless Settings” link on the left-hand panel
- Now select the “Manual Wireless Connection Setup” button.
- Scroll down through the window till you get to see the “Pre-Shared Key”. If you are unable to see it, select a security mode from the dropdown menu at the bottom of the screen first.
- Type in a new password. And you are done!